"Collage is the twentieth century's greatest innovation."
-Robert Motherwell

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Nothing

Sunlight flows into my room along with the unusually cool summer air (global warming? right).  My dog barks from downstairs. The spoiled thing is cross with me for leaving him in his pen.  He'd rather be here, getting his muddy paws all over my pink sheets.   Birds tweet outside, my fan slowly turns above my head.  A train's whistle sounds in the distance.  The world goes on just like it has for centuries.  And I sit here, lounging in a moment in time.  Trying hard to resist its flow. 

I have driver's ed, Spanish 2 and Biology to finish (yes, I am a procrastinator and have an unfinished 10th grade course).  I have a bed to make, a collage to finish, and a stomach to feed.  But I don't take care of any of those things.  Instead I sit here on my bed and write a bog post about nothing.  I don't want to move.  I don't want to face the rhythm of the day.  I just want to sit here quietly and listen to the birds chirp and my clock tick.

I have nothing interesting to say really.  This is just another day in my life.  Nothing monumental has happened to me recently.  I haven't had any God sent epiphanies.  So what's the point in me blogging? Why not?  I say.  If I waited for something interesting to come along, then I would never blog.  This is just a post that proves I am alive and content. It is a post that I liked writing.  It is a post that you might not like reading.  It is a post about nothing.  Farewell.

1 comment: