"Collage is the twentieth century's greatest innovation."
-Robert Motherwell

Monday, December 19, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

      Most people hold that Christmas vacation started this past Saturday.  I, however, say that it begins today because this is the first day where children all over the U.S. actually feel a difference in their school week-day routine.  See, children would always have the weeked to do as they please, but Monday is usually spent in school.  That is why I look at today as the first official day of Christmas vacation. 
     
      To kick off the holiday vacation, I'm going to post this video.  If you watched American Idol last year, then you are well aware of the played up romance between Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart.  If you didn't watch it last year, well then now you know.  Besides having similar voices, Haley and Casey are almost polar opposites.  Haley is a beautiful saucy, confidant woman in her early twenties and Casey is a big bear of a man with a beard that Santa would be proud of.  Casey, is also timid at times and doesn't really get how incredible of a singer he is.  Despite their differences, when these two meet, some chemical reaction magically measures out perfect.  Below is the reult of their mixing. 




 In my opinion, this the best version of this song.  Ever!
What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved that song, but all of the versions I've heard are old and boring, a little cheesy, or the voices are annoying... I LOVE this. (I was always a Casey and Haley fan too.)

    ReplyDelete